Wednesday 9 November 2011

The Great Debate

   I've been called brave for becoming a journalist because of the current job situation.
   But is it really?
   With technology constantly evolving and changing the world around us, the newspaper industry isn't the only thing declining. Take a look at CD sales or book publishing companies. Many places are singing the same song.
   So, am I brave for entering a declining field?
   No. We all are brave for entering an eternally shifting job sphere. There will never come a time when people don't need stories, music or the news, so in reality I will never be out of a job. Rather, as the job sphere changes, so will I.
   Changing and adapting to what is new in order to become what the world needs is going to get me a job after my journalism program at U of T.
   So, am I brave?
   No... just adventurous.

No comments:

Post a Comment